Governor's Budget Proposal For Public Schools
Governor Roy Cooper released his proposed state budget for the next two years on March 23, 2021. The plan was also presented to the General Assembly for consideration and further action in order to seek increased investments in public schools and their personnel. NCASA invited the Governor’s Senior Education Advisor, Geoffrey Coltrane, to provide a break down on how much of the state's budget would be allocated to public education.
DATE/TIME: March 26, 2021; 9:00 - 10:30 A.M.
- Presentation Slides
- Governor Cooper Throws & First Pitch & In State Budget Process (article by NCASA's Elizabeth Yelverton; NCASA Leadership Link-3/25/21)
- Full budget proposal (K-12 details start on page 47)
- Infrastructure Brief (including proposed bond distribution amounts for school districts)
- Compensation Brief (including proposed teacher and principal salary)
- Ensuring a Sound Basic Education for All Students brief
- NCASA Webinar Follow Up Questions for State Budget Webinar
- Reference Information: Version 1 of Senate Bill 622