Pitt County Schools | Director of Secondary Education (Grades 6-12)
PITT COUNTY SCHOOLS Position Description
Position Title: Director of Secondary Education (Grades 6-12)
Reports To: Assistant Superintendent for Educational Programs and Services
Supervises: Instructional Personnel and Instructional Support Personnel as assigned by the Assistant Superintendent
Knowledge, Skills, Organizational, administrative, planning skills required; ability to Abilities Required: forecast societal/technological developments; knowledge of developmental needs of students: knowledge of curriculum; knowledge of program/legal/budgetary constraints and requirements. Successful instructional/supervisory/administrative experience required.
Education, Training Master’s Degree in School Administration, experience in Required: instructional leadership role, experience as a 6-12 Principal is required.
Term of Employment: 12 months
1. Provide leadership to the instructional program for teachers and principals in grade 6 thru 12; including faculty senate, counseling, and instructional coaches.
2. Work with support areas to coordinate total program; instructional and counseling.
3. Develop long- and short-range plans that improve instructional program and address system goals.
4. Analyze results of and provide support for local, state, and national testing programs.
5. Initiate staff development for grades 6 thru 12 principals and teachers.
6. Assist schools in their implementation of the performance-based accountability.
7. Manage select local, state, and federal budgets.
8. Organize and disseminate information throughout the system.
9. Prepare and submit reports as requested by the Assistant Superintendent for Educational Programs and Services.
10. Supervise and coordinate the activities of select instructional staff.
11. Serve as a spokesperson with the community.
12. Assist with middle and high school textbook selection.
13. Coordinate system level AdvancEd activities.
14. Coordination of the spring registration process and development of the 9-12 Registration Manual.
15. Collaborate with community college and university personnel.
16. Perform all other duties assigned by the Superintendent or designee.
Pitt County Schools offers equal educational and employment opportunities on a nondiscriminatory basis. All qualified parties interested in applying may submit a resume or contact the Human Resource Department at (252) 830-4242 for a licensed application.