Executive Director of Facilities and Planning
General Definition of Work:
The Executive Director of Facilities & Planning under limited supervision directs supervisory personnel in the planning (short and long term), design, construction, renovation, maintenance, housekeeping and plant operations for all facilities operated by the Iredell – Statesville Board of Education. The employee (working with student data) develops and implements recommendations to address growth by redistricting school attendance areas or adding seats through expansion or new construction. The Executive Director of Facilities & Planning will design, deploy and coordinate facility related operations to insure continuous improvement processes in all departments in the construction, renovation, maintenance and operation of facilities. The Executive Director will communicate facility information to the board of education; local and state government; government agencies; central services staff; principals; school staffs and community.
State Salary Schedule Exempt
Qualifications, Requirements, Training & Experience:
Masters in School Administration and/or Bachelor’s degree plus work experience in facilities related areas, such as; plant operations, strategic planning, maintenance, design and construction, housekeeping and technology. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For more click HERE
Executive Director of Facilities and Planning
||Iredell Statesville Schools
|Posting Start Date:
- Establish and maintain data concerning facility operations, operations efficiency, capacity, district growth, placement of schools and student demographics to assist in short and long range planning for facilities.
- Maintains and updates the state mandated 5-year capital needs survey.
- Oversite of processes in all departments associated with facilities operation and management to provide effective & efficient delivery of services.
- Organize and guide the facilities task force to establish a long range (10 year) facility plan and work with local government agencies to deploy the plan and establish funding.
- Assist the Board of Education and superintendent in the development and implementation of policy guidelines concerning facilities.
- Directs a supervisory and administrative staff and provides staff with professional development.
- Administration of personnel duties includes monitoring, coordination and staffing. This includes hiring, evaluating, monitoring attendance, approval of travel reports, leave and assigning special duties as needed.
- Creates and implements a continuous improvement process to improve productivity, reduce costs and manage facility/maintenance requirements.
- Reads various professional publications and attends workshops/training etc. to update professional knowledge of facility management.
- Develop and recommend capital and current expense budgets for all departments under their oversight based on department feedback, facility audits, facility task force recommendations and superintendent/school board vision.
- Make recommendations to the Superintendent for organizational design and associated processes which facilitate effective and efficient facilities management and operations
- Monitor utilities use and energy management programs and processes to meet energy efficiency goals.
- Organize processes and staff to effectively provide services needed for effective / efficient facility operation
- Prioritize and assign projects based on data collected from staff, schools and professional needs assessments
- Insures the School System meets all local, state and federal regulations and requirements
- Identifies and recommends funding sources for facility needs in the system
- Write and speak to the media and or groups about facility related information as required coordinating with Public Relations Department.
- Monitor and recommend funding from all sources (Current Expense, Capital Funds, Bond Funds and Lottery Funds) by developing integrated budgets to implement board approved facility plans and projects
- Work with community and school groups to develop and implement partnerships on facility improvements
- Attend training and in-service pertinent to the job function
- Performs other functions as assigned by the Superintendent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of planning principles and practices including demographic analysis, strategic planning and community participation planning
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of facility planning, maintenance, construction and management.
- Thorough knowledge of building code requirements and zoning requirements as it relates to school planning, construction and facility management
- Considerable knowledge of the ethical guidelines applicable to the position as outlined by professional organizations.
- Considerable knowledge of Federal, State and Local codes and ethical guidelines as related to facility management, planning, maintenance and construction.
- Considerable computer skills including the use of searches, word processing, data bases, e-mails, cad systems, spread sheets, power points and peripheral equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles of organization, supervision and administration.
- Considerable knowledge of the current literature, trends and developments in the field of facility management, planning and cost accounting.
- Knowledge and experience with computerized facility management systems.
- Knowledge of regulations and procedures regarding redistricting and / or revising school attendance zones.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and initiative performing assigned duties.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct work
- Ability to communicate both orally and in written form to individuals or large group presentations
- Ability to negotiate contracts, write Memorandums of Agreement or Understanding between parties
- Ability to set up and maintain accurate records related to all facility needs, operations and requirements.
- This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 50 pounds of force
- Work regularly requires speaking or hearing, using hands to handle or feel and repetitive motions, frequently requires sitting, walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling and lifting.
- Work has standard vision requirements
- Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken sound levels
- Work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operating machines, operating motor vehicles or equipment and observing general surroundings and activities.
- Work requires regular exposure to outdoor weather conditions
- Work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
- Possession of a valid driver’s license issued by the state of North Carolina. Must maintain a safe driving record.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
||This listing expires on: 11/30/2020